Friday, September 23, 2011

Education Needs A Digital Upgrade


 In my years of schooling, I think that teachers should have better prepared me for the tech requirements in college. They taught me how to use the internet and research information. We used a program called type to learn, which taught me how to type faster to increase my typing skills when writing papers. I was taught how to use PowerPoint and create slideshows for projects I had. It was a new way to present information to classmates. In high school, we started to turn our papers in over the internet, which prepared me for college. In college, there are a lot of assignments that need to be turned in online. A suggestion I have to make students better prepared is to have more online assignments. Teachers should make online quizzes and homework assignments to get students to navigate around to different websites. They should introduce programs to make movies. They should teach how to send emails and blogs because in college there are a lot of communicating activities for assignments. 

In the career field of Neonatal Nursing, I am going to have to use technology.  I am going to know how to use specific software programs. Nurses carry around PDAs so they can access patients medical charts, take notes, and look up information. I am going to have to learn how to read monitors to know patients vital signs. Nurses use technology to keep track of vital signs. They connect technology to a patient so they can closely be monitored. I think that my schooling at Oakland will prepare me for my future as a nurse. They seem to be teaching us a variety of programs already, and there will probably be many more to learn. The nursing program will better prepare me to use these types of programs.

I feel that I write better in a relaxed setting. I don’t have an audience or people around me so it is a quieter environment. It allows me to concentrate and be more focused, so I can come up with thoughts. I feel that when I type it is easier to come up with what I want to say. When you blog, you can share any thought that comes to you. It is relaxing to do. 

If I was a science teacher, I would use many programs to help better my students for future jobs they may have. I would give out experiments to be done over the internet. Students will have to figure out how to conduct them on their own, so they will become more independent. This can help students who want to work in laboratories. I will also use more computer programs, use the internet, and use more multi-media programs. Each generation, technology keeps increasing. All you can do is keep students up to date on all the programs being used, so they are prepared for the high-tech jobs that our future has. 

The tone of this piece is how technology is increasing, and we need to keep up on all these programs for future jobs. I agree with the thesis. I think that technology will keep increasing, and people are going to be more involved in computer jobs. It is important to know how to use these programs because soon every job is going to have technology. Students should be taught from early on how to use different types of programs, so they keep up in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment